Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Three Strikes

I spent too much money on my travels through Eastern Europe last summer so, unless I find some help, I won't be able to hike the Inca Trail or any other adventure in Peru this summer.

The good news is I've gotten help before and I have some good ideas where to go for people who might be interested in helping me out again. 

In the summer of 2010 I got a Fulbright-Hays scholarship to explore Senegal in West Africa.  Maybe they could help.  In 2009, Toyota awarded me their International Teacher scholarship to study environmental stewardship as I explored Costa Rica.  And, in 2007 the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund selected me to go to Japan.  So, there are some options out there.  I just need to do some research and find an organization that might be willing to finance my Great Adventure in Peru.

Well obviously, the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund would only be a viable option if I wanted to go back to Japan.  So, that's out.  The Toyota International Teacher program has shifted their interest from environmental stewardship to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and they will not be offering any travel programs this year.  So, that's out.  Fulbright-Hays is only offering a travel program to China this year.  So, that's out.  That's three strikes.  So, am I out?

No comments:

Post a Comment