Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Good Prospect

Okay, it looks like I may have stuck out in my attempt  to find a previous funder willing to fund my trip to Peru but, the game isn't over yet.

The Institute of International Education administered both my Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund award and my Toyota International Teacher Award.  So, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to see what other travel grants they may have available.  It turns out they are administering a new grant funded by Hilton Worldwide and after reading all the details I've learned that I am eligible to apply and they will fund programs going to Peru.

It looks like I've found a good prospect.  Now it's time to go to work.  There's a knack to grant writing and I'm glad I've had a lot of experience.  So, there's another reason to work on your writing skills.  If you learn to become a good writer, it can literally take you around the world and/or make other things you never thought possible a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment