Friday, August 1, 2014

First Day on the Inca Trail



Today was my first day on the trail. Wow!  It was a lot of fun. We started by entering the trail at the starting point were they checked our passports. The sun was out most of the morning and there were some amazing views. We also saw several Incan structures. I was surprised to see how many people live along the trail. There were many horses and cattle moving both directions. 

After stopping for lunch, the clouds moved in and light rain remained for the rest of the day. Jen and I led the way and by the time we reached the camp site the porters had already set up our tents; just in time before the rain got heavier. 

By the time dinner was ready the air was quite cold but the rain had stopped. Dinner began with a nice hot soup that warmed us up. 

As I prepare for the night and write this entry, I hear music from down the mountainside.  I think I will sleep well tonight and that will be a good thing because tomorrow will be the steepest and highest part of the trail. "Dead Woman's Pass" awaits my arrival tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment