Monday, July 7, 2014

Going Over the Checklist



Okay, part one of my summer is over.  Now it's time to focus on Peru. 

My hiking boots are five years old so I thought I should give them a new coat of waterproofing. 

With only 12 days left before my departure, I'm going over my checklist so I'll know what shopping I might need to do before I pack. I know I'll need to pick up some more sunblock and insect repellant.  I'll also need to check my first aid kit.

The temperatures can vary quite a bit as we reach different altitudes in the Andes Mountains so, I'll need to bring a variety of clothing to layer. My sleeping bag is rated to 20 degrees.  I'm thinking that will suffice but, I'll double check that. I've been doing some research and one of my resources recommended bringing a water filter but I've also read there are plenty of places to buy bottled water along the way, except for day two when I will be at the highest altitude. So, I think I can do without the water filter. 

I'm really starting to get excited now that it's almost time to start packing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment